A delicious, mildly spicy paneer side dish made with butter-sautéed paneer, then simmered in a freshly made onion-tomato-spices base until the paneer and the gravy comes together.
Month: April 2020
Carrot Halwa or Gajar ka Halwa is an extremely popular Indian dessert pudding, prepared commonly as a celebratory sweet during festivals, weddings, birthdays, etc. It’s a delicious dessert made with carrots, milk, sugar, cardamom, ghee, and dry fruits.
Check out other Indian sweet recipes here: https://swaadista.com/category/recipes/sweets/
- Cooking pan with lid
- 300 gm carrots thinly grated
- 500 ml whole milk warm
- 100 gm granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 green cardamoms crushed or powdered
- Heat ghee in a cooking pot on medium flame. Fry cashews until light brown, then remove them into a bowl.
- Into the same cooking pot, add grated carrot and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it starts to shrink and becomes soft.
- Pour the warm milk into the pan. Continue to cook on low heat while stirring continuously until the grated carrot softens and slowly absorbs the milk.
- Once the milk is completely absorbed, add a tablespoon of ghee into it along with crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Add the sugar and continue stirring until it fully dissolves and gets incorporated into the halwa.
- Garnish with fried cashews, gently mix and turn the heat off.
- Serve carrot halwa warm or cold with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- Add sugar according to your taste and preference.
- Grate carrot as thin as possible to for it cook easily.
- Add other dry fruits if you like.
If you tried this recipe, tag your food recreation on my Instagram @swaadista and let me know how you liked it!
Happy cooking and happy eating <3