A simple yet delicious accompaniment to biryanis and pulao. This recipe is made with curd, mixed together with raw vegetables such as onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- 250 gm yogurt or curd whisked
- 4 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
Add whisked yogurt, onion, cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro into a mixing bowl. Pour about 20ml of water(optional) to adjust consistency and combine.
250 gm yogurt or curd, 4 tbsp onion, 3 tbsp cucumber, 2 tbsp tomato, water, 2 tbsp cilantro or coriander leaves
Stir in salt to taste.
salt to taste
Serve delicious Indian raita alongside your favorite main: biryani, pulao or paratha. Enjoy!
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Skip adding water if the yogurt or curd you are using is already as per your desired consistency. Else, adding water may make the raita runny.
- If you are into spices, sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala on top, just before serving. It tastes yummier!
- If you want to store it, keep it in the refrigerator, covered, until it is served.