Vegetable Clear Soup with Broccoli, Mushroom, and Sweet Corn
Broccoli, button mushrooms and sweet corn cooked in vegetable stock with light soy sauce, onion and garlic. Seasoned with salt and crushed back pepper.
- 2 cups Broccoli rinsed & cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms rinsed & sliced into desired size
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- 1 cube vegetable stalk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 litre hot water
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- salt to taste
- black pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch mixed with water(3 tbsp) to make a thick yet flowy slurry
Heat oil in the cooking pot. Add grated ginger and garlic, saute for 30 seconds. Then add sliced onion and saute until they are translucent.
Crumble the vegetable stock cube with your fingers, and add it into the pot. Saute for 20 seconds, then pour the hot water in and stir well to mix.
Add light soy sauce, salt and black pepper powder. Stir to mix well, close the pot lid and allow water to come to a boil.
Add all vegetables and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Then stir in the corn slurry, and cook for another 2 minutes until the soup thickens a bit. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve the soup warm. Enjoy!
- Feel free to include carrot, edamame, and bok choy along with these vegetables, they go well together.
- Skip adding the corn slurry if you like a watery soup rather than slightly thick.