Kashi halwa is a rich, delicious sweet made using ash gourd or winter melon. Traditionally made with sugar, this popular sweet dish is commonly prepared during special occasions such as festivals and weddings in Karnataka. While making this sweet at home, I prefer using jaggery Read more
Tag: Indian Sweets
Carrot Halwa or Gajar ka Halwa is an extremely popular Indian dessert pudding, prepared commonly as a celebratory sweet during festivals, weddings, birthdays, etc. It’s a delicious dessert made with carrots, milk, sugar, cardamom, ghee, and dry fruits.
Check out other Indian sweet recipes here: https://swaadista.com/category/recipes/sweets/
- Cooking pan with lid
- 300 gm carrots thinly grated
- 500 ml whole milk warm
- 100 gm granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 green cardamoms crushed or powdered
- Heat ghee in a cooking pot on medium flame. Fry cashews until light brown, then remove them into a bowl.
- Into the same cooking pot, add grated carrot and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it starts to shrink and becomes soft.
- Pour the warm milk into the pan. Continue to cook on low heat while stirring continuously until the grated carrot softens and slowly absorbs the milk.
- Once the milk is completely absorbed, add a tablespoon of ghee into it along with crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Add the sugar and continue stirring until it fully dissolves and gets incorporated into the halwa.
- Garnish with fried cashews, gently mix and turn the heat off.
- Serve carrot halwa warm or cold with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- Add sugar according to your taste and preference.
- Grate carrot as thin as possible to for it cook easily.
- Add other dry fruits if you like.
If you tried this recipe, tag your food recreation on my Instagram @swaadista and let me know how you liked it!
Happy cooking and happy eating <3