Besan laddu is a delicious sweet made from besan or gram flour, powdered sugar, powdered cardamom, and ghee. It is a traditional sweet in Indian households, especially during festivities and celebrations. Preparing this yummy sweet is very simple, and it requires just four ingredients and about 30 minutes to yield ten small lime-sized, irresistible, melt-in-mouth laddus. So, do give this one a try and let me know how you liked it in the comments section below. Continue reading if you want to know the step-by-step procedure on how to make besan laddu.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 lime sized laddu
2 cups or 350g of Besan(gram flour)
1 cup of powdered sugar(or jaggery)
1/4 teaspoon powdered cardamom
5-6 tablespoons of ghee
- Into a pan, add ghee and besan or gram flour.
- Roast besan in ghee on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Stir continuously to make sure that besan does not get burnt.
- Continue roasting until the besan transforms into an aromatic, smooth, semi-solid taste. Then turn off and let the ghee-besan mixture partially cool.
- Further, add powdered sugar and powdered cardamom into the pan, knead well and mix to incorporate sugar into the ghee-besan mixture.
- Further, take small portions of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Garnish with almond shavings and enjoy.
- You can tweak the quantity of each ingredient as per your taste and preference.
- Replace powdered sugar with jaggery if you prefer.
- Use any of these dry fruits for garnish – almonds, cashews, pistachios.
- Store Besan laddu in an air-tight container(once cooled completely) for up to 2 weeks.
If you tried this recipe, let me know how you liked it! 🙂
You can also tag your food recreations of this recipe on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating ❤