When you do not want to deep-fry the fish or use the oven, air-frying is an excellent option. It’s ideal for three reasons – it’s hassle-free, requires the least amount of oil, and tastes delightful. What more does one need, right? The recipe for air-fried tandoori pomfret is simple, requiring simple ingredients for marination. Make this healthy appetizer on the weekends and enjoy. Continue reading to know how to make this delicious air-fryer tandoori pomfret.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 42 minutes
Yield: 1-2 people
1 Pomfret fish, medium size
2 teaspoons of cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder or to taste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 tablespoon of tandoori masala powder(any brand)
Juice of half a lime
Salt to taste
- Clean Pomfret thoroughly as usual.
- Make a few gashes on either side of the Pomfret to allow the marinade to work well.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add cooking oil, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili, coriander powder, tandoori masala powder, lime juice, and salt to taste. Combine these ingredients well.
- Transfer the cleaned Pomfret into the bowl, and apply the masala marinade all over it.
- Allow the Pomfret to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350F for 3 minutes.
- Place the marinated fish in the air fryer tray and air-fry it at 350F for 12 minutes, flipping once at 4 minutes.
- Before flipping, you could brush the fish with 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil on the top side, then flip and brush oil again on the other side. (Optional)
- Switch off the air fryer and carefully take out the Pomfret.
- Enjoy nutritious and delicious tandoori pomfret fry with a drizzle of lime on top and onions on the side.
- Bigger fishes may take longer to cook. So cook up to 12 minutes and then keep checking regularly until it’s done.
- Pomfret tastes best as soon as done.
You can also tag your food recreations of this recipe on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating ❤