When you do not want to deep-fry the fish or use the oven, air-frying is an excellent option. It’s ideal for three reasons – it’s hassle-free, requires the least amount of oil, and tastes delightful. What more does one need, right? The recipe for air-fried tandoori pomfret is simple, requiring simple ingredients for marination. Make this healthy appetizer on the weekends and enjoy. Continue reading to know how to make this delicious air-fryer tandoori pomfret.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 42 minutes
Yield: 1-2 people
1 Pomfret fish, medium size
2 teaspoons of cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder or to taste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 tablespoon of tandoori masala powder(any brand)
Juice of half a lime
Salt to taste
- Clean Pomfret thoroughly as usual.
- Make a few gashes on either side of the Pomfret to allow the marinade to work well.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add cooking oil, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili, coriander powder, tandoori masala powder, lime juice, and salt to taste. Combine these ingredients well.
- Transfer the cleaned Pomfret into the bowl, and apply the masala marinade all over it.
- Allow the Pomfret to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350F for 3 minutes.
- Place the marinated fish in the air fryer tray and air-fry it at 350F for 12 minutes, flipping once at 4 minutes.
- Before flipping, you could brush the fish with 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil on the top side, then flip and brush oil again on the other side. (Optional)
- Switch off the air fryer and carefully take out the Pomfret.
- Enjoy nutritious and delicious tandoori pomfret fry with a drizzle of lime on top and onions on the side.
- Add salt and spices according to your taste and preference.
- Bigger fishes may take longer to cook. So cook up to 12 minutes and then keep checking regularly until it’s done.
If you tried this recipe, let me know how you like it? 🙂
If you tried this recipe, tag your food recreation on my Instagram @swaadista and let me know how you liked it!
Happy cooking and happy eating <3