Are you a seafood lover? If you are, then I recommend that you try this recipe. Shrimp ghee roast tastes heavenly and is a personal favorite. It has become a regular weekend appetizer in my home since I learned this recipe from my husband. It’s so good that you could keep eating these yummy Shrimps and not realize how much you have eaten! 😛
Shrimp ghee roast is a simple recipe. It’s made by sauteing onion, tomato, whole spices(freshly ground), and herbs in ghee and then cooked along with shrimp. What gives this appetizer a delicious taste is the freshly ground whole spices. Shrimps generally take less time to cook(8-10 minutes), so this appetizer could be made ready in under 30 minutes. Continue reading if you want to know step by step procedure of preparing this yummy dish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
250g Shrimp, deveined and cleaned
3 tablespoons ghee
3 green chillies- split into halves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 small tomato, blended into a fine paste
1 teaspoon lime juice
Salt to taste
For making dry masala:
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
6-7 dried red chillies (Byadagi)
8-10 curry leaves
Making dry masala:
- In a pan, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chillies, and curry leaves until aromatic on low-medium heat.
- Let these ingredients completely cool and then blend them into an almost-fine powder in a blender.
Making shrimp ghee roast:
- Heat ghee in a frying pan on low heat.
- Add and fry cashews until lightly brown, then remove from ghee and keep them aside.
- Add minced garlic, split green chillies, curry leaves into the pan and fry for 10 seconds.
- Add chopped onion & sauté until golden brown. Further, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Pour the tomato paste, mix properly, cover, and cook on low heat until oil separates.
- Then add the cleaned shrimp along with salt to taste. Combine well, cover, and cook shrimp for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add the freshly powdered dry masala and mix well. Cook shrimp for another 3-4 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Lastly, garnish with the previously fried cashews and enjoy delicious shrimp ghee roast!
- You can tweak the quantity of each ingredient as per your taste and preference.
- You can replace Shrimp with Prawns.
- Do not overcook shrimp, they tend to become hard and rubbery.
- Tastes best if eaten right away after cooking.
You can also tag your food recreations of this recipe on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating ❤