Are you a seafood lover like me? If you are, then I recommend that you try this recipe. Shrimp ghee roast is a personal favourite and it just tastes heavenly. My husband got me used to this recipe and I have been loving it since. I mean I could just keep eating these yummy ghee roast Shrimps and not realise how much I have eaten! 😛
Shrimps take less time to cook, and hence this delicious appetizer can be done in less than 30 minutes. Also the recipe requires only basic ingredients that we all usually have in our kitchen. Continue reading if you want to know step by step procedure of preparing this yummy appetizer.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 small finely chopped onion
1/2 small finely chopped tomato
3 green chillies- sliced into half
4 garlic cloves – finely cut
100 ml vegetable oil
3 tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
- Devein and clean shrimp thoroughly under cold running water.
- In a mixing bowl, add corn flour, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice and cleaned shrimp. Mix everything well enough to coat all shrimps with masala.
- Marinate in refrigerator for roughly 15-30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on low flame. Shallow fry shrimp on medium for 3-4 minutes. Set them aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a saucepan. Add chopped garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Then add green chillies, curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion & sauté until onions turn golden brown. Further add chopped tomato, sprinkle some salt & cook until soft and mushy.
- Then add in the fried shrimp, combine well and stir fry for 2 minutes on medium flame. Sprinkle 2 tbsp water and stir fry until water evaporates.
- Enjoy delicious shrimp ghee roast! 🙂
- You can tweak the quantity of each ingredient as per your taste and preference.
- You can replace Shrimp with Prawns.
- Do not overcook shrimp, they tend to become hard and rubbery.
- Tastes best when cooked fresh and eaten.
Let me know if you tried this recipe by tagging pictures of your recreation on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating 🙂