Aren’t salads simply the best? They are so fresh, tasty, healthy, and nutritious. This vegan chickpea salad is simple and can be prepared in a jiffy if you have the boiled chickpea ready. And if you are using canned chickpeas, drain them and use them directly. Chickpea salad is a perfect treat, be it on a weekday for your lunch/dinner or as an appetizer with your mocktail, or as a weekday salad!
Continue reading to know how to prepare this yummy chickpea salad with an Indian twist.
- 1 cup of whole chickpeas, soaked, drained, and cooked
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- Green chilies to taste, finely chopped
- 3 -4 Celery sticks, finely chopped
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala powder(optional)
- For dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Lime juice, of half a lime
- Add boiled chickpeas into a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the chopped onion, tomato, green chilies, celery, and cilantro.
- For the dressing: Add olive oil, salt, crushed black pepper, and lime juice into a small bowl and mix it well.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- To give it an Indian touch, sprinkle some chaat masala powder over the salad and serve. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, let me know how you liked it! 🙂
You can also tag your food recreations of this recipe on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating ❤