It’s the season of pumpkins and what better way to make use of this nutritious vegetable than in a soup. This delicious vegan pumpkin soup is yummy, filling, and requires no vegetable stock, no fancy ingredients but onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and black pepper along with the star vegetable – Pumpkin.
Delicious soup made with pumpkin, onion, ginger and garlic. Seasoned with salt and black pepper powder.
Servings: 2 people
- Cooking pot
- 200 g pumpkin skin-peeled and cut into medium-sized cubes
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a cooking pot. Add and sauté ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Then add finely chopped onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add diced pumpkin cubes in and pour water. Stir in salt and black pepper powder. Cover and cook until pumpkin is tender and well-cooked(this could take up to 20 minutes). Turn off heat and allow the ingredients to cool.
- Transfer cooled down ingredients into a mixer jar, blend it into a smooth paste without lumps, and transfer it back into the cooking pot.
- Add water to adjust consistency of the soup. Then boil it for 2-3 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Serve delicious pumpkin soup warm. Enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Soup”
Thank you for this recipe..I love pumpkin soup:)
You are welcome. 😊🙌🏼