It’s the season of Pumpkins and what better way to make use of this nutritious vegetable than in a soup. This delicious vegan pumpkin soup is yummy, filling, and requires no vegetable stock, no fancy ingredients but just simple ingredients like onion, ginger, garlic, powdered red chili, salt, and black pepper along with the star vegetable – Pumpkin. Continue reading if you want to know how to make this delicious pumpkin soup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
200g pumpkin, (skin peeled off and cut into cubes)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon powdered red chili
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium-sized cooking pot.
- Sauté minced ginger and chopped garlic for 30 seconds.
- Sauté finely chopped onion until transparent.
- Add the chopped pumpkin cubes in and pour 500 ml water.
- Stir in salt and powdered red chili.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until pumpkin softens( It might take up to 20 min). Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Blend the contents in a blender into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Transfer the blended puree back into the cooking pot.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding water if necessary. Let it boil on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer hot pumpkin soup into a bowl, sprinkle some black pepper and enjoy.😋
- Tweak the quantity of each ingredient as per your taste and preference.
- Instead of plain water, you can use vegetable stock.
- Soup tastes best when had right after it is prepared.
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how you liked it! 🙂
You can also tag your food recreations of this recipe on my Instagram @swaadista and using #SwaadistaRecipes
Happy cooking and happy eating ❤